Author: Anne @ fANNEtastic food
Recipe Source: Fanntastic Food
Prep Time 5 minutes
THESE SALTY AND SWEET BITES MAKE AN EXCELLENT SNACK OR FUEL FOR A WORKOUT.
Salty Maple Nut Energy Bites
- 1 cup toasted or raw almonds (unsalted)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- Combine all ingredients except rice cereal in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is very finely chopped and holds together.
- Add the brown rice cereal, pulse again until the cereal is evenly incorporated and finely chopped.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor bowl and knead/mix lightly to make sure everything is incorporated. Roll the mixture into balls (wet your hands to help prevent sticking).
- Eat and enjoy! To firm up the balls, refrigerate them.
Serves: 15 Bites